Special Events Internship (LAX)Date: 2009-10-20, 10:04AM PDT
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Campaign Intern—Special Events
Greater Los Angeles Chapter
Timeframe: December 7-18, 2010; January 4-May 15, 2010
*Position includes 2 weeks off over Christmas and New Year holidays*
*This is an unpaid internship for school credit only*
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Greater Los Angeles Chapter, the world's largest non-profit voluntary health association dedicated to funding blood cancer research and patient service programs, is looking for a serious Junior or Senior college student to intern at their office in Los Angeles, CA.
Basic Function: Responsible for implementing elements of fundraising campaigns for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society within the Chapter’s chartered area.
Work Direction: Works under the supervision of Campaign Manager in Special Events Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains event records including files, monetary tracking and in-kind donations for all events.
• Maintain candidate binder for Man & Woman of the Year, to include copies of all received payments and weekly account updates.
• Implements plans for assigned special events to include Man & Woman of the Year and Jack Wagner Celebrity Golf Classic
• Assist with production of collateral materials including ad production and copy for program books, brochures, grand finale tickets, etc.
• Assists in coordination of events, including confirming attendees, working with vendors, day of event logistics, and volunteer management.
• Attend three events - Man & Woman of the Year kick-off on February 3rd, Grand Finale on April 10th, Jack Wagner Celebrity Golf Classic on April 27th
• Prepares event related correspondence and reports, including donor thank you letters and auction donation thank you letters.
• Opportunity to design and maintain Facebook and Twitter accounts for Man & Woman of the Year
• Solicit silent auction items for the Jack Wagner Celebrity Golf Classic.
• Responsible for some recruitment and management of event volunteers. Will be responsible for volunteer correspondence and logistics as needed.
• Assists, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities.
• Maintains a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society mission and its programs to address them.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Candidates should be in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in the field of Public Service, Non-Profit Management, Social Work, Public Health Administration, Communications, Marketing, and/or related discipline.
• Excellent word processing and database management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and professional demeanor.
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized.
• Positive attitude and thrives in a team environment.
• Ability to multi-task a must!
• Knowledge of social networking media and Photoshop a plus.