The Community and Child Health Network, Los Angeles
Collaboration between Cedars Sinai Medical Center (CSMC), University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), and Health African American Families II (HAAFII).
The Community and Child Health Network (CCHN) is a national prospective study funded by the National institute of Health. The overall goal of CCHN is to gain new insights into the reasons for the disparities in maternal health and child development. The goals of the first study originating from the Network are 1) to examine the factors associated with maternal allostatic load (a possible factor in poor pregnancy outcomes), and 2) to evaluate the usefulness of community-partnered participatory research for conducting research on health disparities.
Cedars Sinai Medical Center and California HospitalLos Angeles, CA (United States) | Map It!
The network is seeking a Recruiter to work on the study. Together with CSMC, UCLA and HAAFII faculty and staff, the Recruiter will assist research faculty and staff in implementing the study. Under the supervision of the Field Supervisorand in concert with the Principal Investigators and Project Coordinator, the Recruiters will interact with currently or to-be enrolled participants; will help collect data using hospital based psychosocial interviews and contribute to research activities. They will collaborate with research staff to extract patient chart information as well as track, update, input data collected. Recruiters must be confident in their abilities to use approach new moms in the hospitals after they have given birth and describe our project. The Recruiters may participate in other research support activities as requested including but not limited to administrative support. The majority of work will take place in hospitals and clinics in the Los Angeles area around Cedars Sinai Medical Center and California Hospital. Travel to trainings, meetings, and visits are required. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Any hired staff must be Community Minded and Culturally Competent.
1)BILINGUAL in Spanish and English
2) Previous experience in working with individuals from at least one of the study’s target populations (Black/White/Hispanic) or other underserved population.
3) Ability to work autonomously when needed but also functions well in a team; can work flexible hours including some nights and weekends.
4) Proficient verbal and written skills; comfortable in academic, professional, community, and healthcare settings; excellent interpersonal skills.Marketing skills are an added advantage.
5) Experience within the health care field and/or current enrollment in or degree from Health Care related field (i.e Public Health, Certified Nursing Assistant, Physicians’ Assistant, Phlebotomist etc…)
6) Previous experience in conducting research interviews in urban settings is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications accepted until positions are filled For more information, contact:
Name: Mayra Lizzette Yniguez, MPH
Address: 8631 W. Third St., Suite 1001E
How to Apply:
Interested candidate should submit their resume via email to Ms. Mayra Lizzette Yñiguez, MPH, Senior Administrative Project Coordinator, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc Felica Jonesat: Felicaj@gmail.com.